The Ladies Gaelic Football Association currently has two positions advertised:
NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Ladies Gaelic Football Association (Association), founded in 1974, has over 188,000 registered members. The game is played in countries across the world.
To continue its development as one of the largest, fastest growing, active and dynamic sports in Ireland, the Association is looking to fill the vital position of National Development Manager.
This is a really exciting position for a dynamic and driven individual wishing to enhance their career.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for:
- The development, implementation and monitoring of the Association’s Development Strategy.
- Leading and managing the Development team of national and provincial development officers to design and deliver a range of programmes and policies focusing on core development areas and ensuring their effective delivery across the country.
- The management and support of the development team, ensuring their ongoing motivation and performance delivery.
- Acting as secretary to the National Development Committee.
- Sourcing funding opportunities and production of grant applications.
- Working as part of the Association management team, to support the ongoing operation of the Association.
Successful candidates will have:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in sports related discipline or equivalent relevant to the post.
- A proven track record of experience in the effective management and development of a team, allied with a minimum of 3 years’ experience of the development and delivery of development programmes in a sporting organisation.
- Must have a knowledge of games development issues.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and experience of managing and tracking the delivery of projects and programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders at local and national level.
- Have an interest in the sport and a knowledge of the structures and operations of a sporting organisation.
- Ability to work as part of a management team but also the initiative to take decisions and deliver on the remit of the role.
Applicants should submit completed application forms for this position to:
Helen O’Rourke, CEO,
Ladies Gaelic Football Association,
Completed application forms must be received by the Association not later than Tuesday 28th November 2017 Late applications will not be accepted. Please note CVs will not be accepted.