TESCO All Ireland 7′s
This years’ Tesco Homegrown All-Ireland Club Seven-a-Side competitions will take place on Saturday the 28th of September in St. Sylvester’s GAA and Naomh Mearnóg GAA Clubs. All pitches are in the one area. This year will also see the introduction of a ‘Former County Players 7-a-side’ section as part of the Association’s 40th Anniversary celebrations and full details on this section are provided below also.
Clubs from all Counties are invited to enter the Club 7′s tournament and entry forms are below for each grade. These forms should be completed by club Secretary’s and returned to the office accompanied with the entry fee of €300 (€100 will be returned to clubs once they have participated in the tournament).
Entry forms should be sent to Lyn Savage, Ladies Gaelic Football Association, Croke Park, Dublin 3 no later than Friday 9th August 2013.
Entries will be taken on a first come first served basis however we will limit the number of entries from each County in order to cater for representatives from all Counties and overseas units.
We are asking all teams to support our finals in Croke Park on the following day especially this year when we will be celebrating our 40th All Ireland Final.
County Boards should not organise any club fixtures at any grade for the weekend of our finals. Clubs are under no obligation to fulfil fixtures on this weekend. Their place is in Croke Park.
Former County Players 7-a-Side Tournament
As mentioned above we will be designating a pitch at the Sevens for a ‘Former County Players 7-A-Side Competition’.
The idea for this has arisen from feedback from a number of former players around the country wishing to be part of these celebrations and also welcoming the opportunity to meet and play against opponents they have not seen in many years. It was decided to organise this for county teams rather than club teams and we would like to take this opportunity to invite your county to enter a team in this tournament.
• Players must be over 30 years of age
• Players cannot have played county football within the past five years
• Places are limited to 6 counties
• There will be maximum of 12 players on a panel
• All teams will play other counties in their group with the top two teams contesting the final
What do you need to do as a County Board?
1. Make contact with a former county player(s) and give them responsibility to organise a team from the panels they played with through the years
2. Complete below form and return to Lyn Savage, Ladies Gaelic Football Association, Croke Park, Dublin 3 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31st May
3. Please note there will be no expense on the county board but the team may just need to be provided a set of jerseys from one of your county teams for the day
What do I need to do if I am an interested player?
1. Make contact with your county board chairperson or secretary to express your interest in being involved with this team.
2. Organise a team from the panels you have played with through the years
3. Complete above form and return to Lyn Savage, Ladies Gaelic Football Association, Croke Park, Dublin 3 or email to email@example.com by Friday 31st May
4. Please note there will be no expense on the county board but the team may just need to be provided a set of jerseys from one of the county teams for the day
What will happen when you enter?
• LGFA will make contact with the team contact and forward a pack including details on entry, the Post Sevens Party and also our All Ireland Finals
If you are interested in entering a team you can complete the entry form and forward to Lyn Savage and if you are from a county board and a former player does not come to mind for you to contact feel free to contact Lyn as one of your players may have been in contact here already.
This year’s All Ireland Weekend is one that you will not want to miss and the opportunity to see many of our former stars back in their county colours will be a highlight for many involved. It would be great to have your county involved and we look forward to hearing from you.