LEINSTER DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The Ladies Gaelic Football Association (Association), founded in 1974 has in Ireland over 150,000 registered members. The game is played in countries across the world. Five Provincial Councils covering Ireland and Britain are responsible for running championships and competitions in their provinces.
To continue its development as one of the largest, fastest growing, active and dynamic sports in Ireland and to complete our modernisation programme, the Association is looking to fill the position of a Leinster Development Officer, based in Leinster
Based in Leinster, reporting to the Leinster Ladies Gaelic Football Association, you will be responsible for:
- The, creation and implementation and review of a strategic development plan at Provincial and County Level in conjunction with the Provincial Council and the National Games Development Officer.
- Oversee the implementation of the Provincial Development Plan in conjunction with the Provincial Council
- Working with Provinces and Counties to implement specific initiatives within the Province to support and enhance the games structures at all levels.
- Meeting targets and implementing strategic policies as agreed by the management committee of the Association.
This post is a critical component of the modernisation process of the Association. Successful candidates will have:
- a third level qualification in a subject which can be proven relevant to the post.
- Minimum one year’s relevant experience within the last three years in a position with responsibility for coaching and games development.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people and organising events, with a record of working within the structures of a sporting organisation and excellent IT skills.
For a copy of the full job description and application form for these positions please contact:
Attention of Cathal Friel,
Leinster LGFA, Leinster GAA Offices, Aras Laighean, Portlaoise, Co. Laois
Tel: (057) 8671255
Please be sure to provide your name and address, email and contact number in your correspondence to enable an application pack to be forwarded to you as soon as possible.
Please note that applications will only be accepted in hard copy by the Association.
Completed application forms must be received by the Leinster Association not later than 4.00pm on 11th August, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.