Lidl NFL Regulations 2017
National Football League Regulations 2017
- Three points for a win and one for a draw (Rule 363)
- If a team is disqualified or retires during the course of the league, the results of games they have already played will stand and their unplayed games shall be awarded to the opposing team(s) (Rule 365)
- Semi Finals will be played at neutral venues (1 v 4: 2 v 3)
- Extra time to be played in play offs and Semi-Final games only.
- The team that wins the Divisional Final will be promoted and the team that finishes bottom of the table will be relegated. In Division 1 the team that wins the Division 1 Final will be declared Champions. There is no relegation from Division 4.
- Where teams finish with equal points for promotion, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified;
(a) Where two teams only are involved, the placing will be determined
as follows and in the order specified:
- The outcome of the head to head game between the two teams concerned will determine the placings.
- Should the head to head match between the two teams concerned have finished in a draw the team that finishes in the higher position will be the one that scored the highest number of points i.e. balls kicked over the bar in that head to head match.
- Should the teams remain equal at this point the team that finishes in the higher position will be the one with the highest overall score difference throughout the league i.e. score remaining when all scores for team throughout the league are added together (points will have a value of one whilst goals will have a value of 3) and all scores conceded are subtracted from that number.
- If still level a Playoff will take place.
(b) Where more than two teams are level on points the following shall apply:
- Their placing will be decided by their score difference. The score against the team that finishes lowest in the table will be removed with the order of finishing decided by the score difference remaining. Goals will count for 3 points and will be added to the tally
- Their placing will be decided by their overall score difference. The score against the team that finishes lowest in the table will be included in overall scores with the order of finishing decided by the score difference remaining. Goals will count for 3 points and will be added to the tally.
- Should any teams still remain level for placings the outcome of the head to head game between the two teams concerned will determine the placings.
- If still level a Playoff will take place.
- Where two teams finish level at the bottom of the table, a playoff game will decide who is to be relegated.
- Where three teams are involved. Two teams will be drawn to play each other, the loser of that game will play the remaining (3rd) team.
The loser of that game will be relegated.
- Playoff games to be played on 9th April 2017.
- Games are played on a home and away basis; however, the home County must endeavour to accommodate the travelling County where possible by obtaining a suitable ground as near to the County border or appropriate location to curtail the distance to travel.
- Counties may play their NFL fixture on a Saturday / mid week once both teams are in agreement however if both Counties cannot reach an agreement the fixture must be played on the Sunday. Official throw in time is 2.00pm.
- No fixture (date or time) may be changed without first seeking permission from the National Fixtures Committee.
- Home Counties are responsible for payment of referees.
- Referees should have four umpires at each game. In the event that a referee has only two umpires it is the responsibility of the competing Counties to supply an umpire each.
- It is the responsibility of each competing County to supply a linesperson for each round of the National Football League.
- The Home County must produce a match programme. Both counties must provide an accurate team list and it must be supplied to the Home County at least 72 hours before the game, failure to do so shall incur a fine of €100.00, for either failure to submit or print the programme.
- Unlimited substitutions for all rounds up to the promotion and/or relegation play-offs, League Semi Finals and Finals at which point there will be a maximum of 5 substitutions allowed.
- Filming or photographing of League matches is not allowed unless permission is obtained from the LGFA. Forms, must be filled out with details and permission granted before any filming or photography can take place.
Please email Derek on firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.