Does the LGFA Injury fund apply to Lidl G4M&O?
No. Lidl G4M&O is a recreational LGFA activity and all players participating in same either play at their own risk or utilise private insurance.
When should players seek insurance for the programme?
o Clubs can seek private insurance at the beginning of the programme or when players have committed themselves to being involved. It will be important that all females have signed the participant form at that start programme.
It is the club’s option if they wish to get their players to enter into the insurance policy.
Please note it is vitally important that all participants are fully aware prior to the start of the programme the story in relation to insurance. Participants are playing at their own risk and sign a waiver to agree and understand same on their participant form. It is then their option to take out the private group insurance.
Do LGFA have a link with any companies that provide insurance cover for such activities?
Yes, currently LGFA have linked up with Gogans Insurance Ltd. All details regarding this insurance can be obtained below.
What other options are available?
o All players should check with their own private health cover to see if this type of activity is covered under their policy. Other option is to source other companies similar to Gogans to see if they supply similar service.
Please note: If a club comes across another alternative insurance company then please inform Paula Prunty at firstname.lastname@example.org as important there is a choice available.
We have low numbers participating in Lidl G4M&O in our club and therefore cost for the group insurance is too high individually. Is there any way we get around this?
Few options are:
- Players sign a waiver and agree to continue playing at own risk
- Club contact the insurance company to see if they can do any other rates
- Players look at their own private health insurance cover to see if sustained an injury in this activity would be covered
- Players link in with another Lidl G4M&O site nearby and joint apply to Insurance company to see if can apply for joint cover.
Anything else we should be aware of in relation to insurance?
- Important that the appropriate activities are carried out in all sessions so therefore selection of your coach is important. The activities must reflect the ability and fitness levels of all participants
- Ensure the facilities that you are utilising are free from any hazards that could cause potential injury. A safety check should be carried out on the facility & equipment prior to commencing the programme
Lidl Gaelic4Mothers&Others participants are NOT covered by LGFA injury fund but LGFA have negotiated a number of options for personal injury cover to make availabel to your club if required. The option of purchasing Personal Injury Cover for your participants in the responsibility of the club.
For Further Information or to Acquire Insurance Cover Contact:
Gogans Insurances Limited
Unit A5, Nutgrove Office Park, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14
Tel: 01 2990299 Email: email@example.com